Firm has once again been named to AEC publisher Zweig Group’s Hot Firms List. The Hot Firms List is a ranking of the 100 fastest growing firms in the U.S. and Canada based on revenue growth over a three-year period.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina OR Charlotte, North Carolina
Traffic Signal Design Engineer with 4-8 years’ experience in North Carolina to work on transportation engineering projects at the firm’s Raleigh office. Experience working on signal design projects for NCDOT, and local counties and municipalities is desirable.
The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing signal design plans to NCDOT standards, including signal geometric and phasing plans, electrical details, and mast arm/strain pole details. Designs will include all aspects of NCDOT requirements including preparation of clearance calculations and diagrams, design specifications, and cost estimates. The position will also have opportunities to perform ITS design with communications and cable routing plans, signing and pavement markings layout and design, traffic data collection, and cost estimates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• PE in North Carolina is required.
• 4-8 years or more of Traffic/Transportation Engineering experience.
• Must be highly skilled with Microstation and Synchro & SimTraffic
• Must have the ability to multi-task efficiently on simultaneous projects, which typically include both office and field tasks.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and traffic engineering software, such as HCS, VISSIM, and/or CORSIM
• Familiarity with pertinent national, state, local, and industry standards.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards.
This client offers 1.) the stability of continued incoming major project work and 2.) a large backlog of highway design, construction and inspection projects. 3.) Excellent compensation, benefits and growth potential within the firm based on individual associate results, initiative and abilities and are 4.) considered one of the most vibrant engineering / construction management entities in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.