Senior Transportation Engineer
Our client is an international full service architectural and engineering design firm that is deeply committed to providing design excellence to U.S. and global clients. the company was ranked in the top 20 on the Architect 50, a list of top firms in the U.S., and in the Top 20 Architecture/Engineering firms in Building Design + Construction’s 2014 Giants 300 Report. The firm is headquartered in Virginia, with 475 employees in 10 additional office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Washington, D.C. The employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development, and have been recognized locally as one of the “Best Places to Work”. They promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work – our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Now hiring in Richmond, VA
We seek to hire a Senior Transportation Engineer (PE) to work in our Richmond, VA office who will be responsible for performing and directing Transportation engineering duties on multi-discipline design projects of moderate to large scope, and projects that involve only Transportation engineering.
A Senior Transportation Engineer should typically have 7 to 15 years or more of significant design and practice experience in a leadership role with a Transportation Engineering firm or a multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering firm. Experience with analysis and design involving interstates and interchanges, urban roadways and bridges, site grading, storm water management, erosion control, and site plan preparation is desirable.
Experience as a lead designer or Transportation Engineer in federal, state, municipal, or similar projects plus experience in Design/Build and CM at Risk project delivery methods is desirable.
Performing Transportation engineering duties as a lead project engineer including analysis and design involving interstates and interchanges, urban roadways and bridges, site grading, storm water management, erosion control, and site plan preparation; supervising and directing the work of EI/EIT’s assigned to the project; coordination with other design disciplines; leading the production of contract documents; and satisfying project budget and schedule requirements
- Working on a multi-discipline design team
- Meeting with clients to prepare and validate scope of work
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Obtain guidance from Senior Engineers and the Department Head as necessary to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting criteria
- Direct and supervise the work of EI/EIT’s and CAD Technicians assigned to the project, particularly where unusual or difficult problems are encountered
- Performing Transportation services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed
- Performing Transportation services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings
- Complying with the company’s quality control practices and procedures
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Managing Principals, Project Managers, Design Managers, Operations Directors and senior management
- Working with a multi-discipline team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
- Participate in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Directing, supervising and training junior Transportation staff as directed
- Mentoring and monitoring the professional development of Transportation staff
- Graduation from an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program in one of the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering o Civil and Environmental Engineering o Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering o Civil Engineering Technology
- Post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering/ Transportation Engineering – related degree will be given additional consideration
- Must be a fully licensed Engineer in at least one US state, preferably in the local jurisdiction
- NCEES record to facilitate licensure through reciprocity is preferred
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices with LEED AP accreditation is preferred
- Additional certifications such as PTOE are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
- Active participation in ITE, VASITE, ASHE, NSPE, ASCE or other related professional
Salary & Bonus commensurate with experirence
Short and Long term Disability,
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.