Senior Hydrology / Drainage Engineer
Join one of the Mid-Atlantic’s most vibrant, growing, transportation engineering expert firms with with very forward thinking and driven leadership. This client is attracted to independent, driven and self-sustaining professionals. A professional that can hit the ground running, communicate effectively with VDOT, NCDOT and municipal DOT managers. They don’t believe in the “cubicle mentality.” The only way for you to grow is to get out and interact with clients and decision-makers through your working relationship with the firm’s leadership and team members, performing well on design assignments and presenting these in a professional manner.
This position offers the unique opportunity to build with an up and coming firm that values entrepreneurship, rewards performance in a meaningful bonus structure and provides support as needed to accomplish project marketing, performance and delivery tasks. This firm values hard work, ethical and moral strength and begins each day with a teleconference team meeting. There is never a lack of communications or support for team members that perform. The firm offers monthly production delivery bonuses that average $675 per month in addition to annual performance based bonuses, progressive salary reviews and provides a company cruise for top performers. The firm has a social responsibility element which involves technical and logistical outreach to Haiti and other areas of the world.
Full-time position in Raleigh, Charlotte and Winston-Salem, NC or Richmond, Va.
Seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who will be responsible for leading the drainage aspects of traditional design-bid-build and alternative delivery infrastructure projects, including preliminary design, contract document preparation, procurement processes and client program management assistance, with an emphasis on the stormwater design components.
Develop and oversee stormwater analysis for roadway and civil land development design delivered through traditional and alternative delivery approaches
- Design lead and team oversight of hydraulic, drainage projects for state, county, municipal roadway as well as civil land development, primarily with commercial projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
- Serve as a specialist in providing technical guidance for complex and unique assignments
- Lead the design of storm sewers, watershed hydrology, bridge/culvert sizing, drainage studies, water surface profile modeling, bridge scour analysis and countermeasures, detention/retention sizing and best management practices
- Interact with clients on existing projects, and perform business development with existing and new clients
- Bachelors of Science degree in civil engineering
- Current registration as a professional civil engineer (P.E.) in North Carolina or Virginia
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in civil engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of drainage design
- Experience with NCDOT drainage and stormwater management, Experience with VDOT and SCDOT projects a plus.
- Experience with North Carolina and Virginia stormwater regulations
- Experience in leading project tasks related to public roadway projects
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to immediately work in the United States
- Highly proficient with Microstation and Geopak
- Proven experience and expertise with SWM and hydraulic modeling
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement are highly desirable
- Eligible for pay for performance (profit sharing) after 30 days of employment. Normally the waiting period is 90 days.
- 40 hours sick leave
- 80 hours of vacation leave
- Annual bonuses based on review (standard with all employees)-Note that all bonuses/profit sharing are subject to the overall performance of the firm.
- Company paid medical benefits for employees
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.