Senior Designer – Architectural Firm
As a Senior Designer in this renowned multi-practice architectural firm, in their newest office, and collaborative/entrepreneurial culture, you would have the opportunity to lead design teams on exceptional projects and interact with clients from those projects’ inception.
Full-time position located in Oakland, CA
- Fast-track toward promotions to Studio Director and Principal in this position.
- Alternative workweek schedule, in which they work longer hours Monday through Thursday, and then start the weekend at Noon on Fridays!
The culture of this firm has a foundation of an open door environment where the Principals work side by side with all team members. They believe in fostering collaboration, sharing design ideas and developing solutions as a team where all participants have a passion to excellence. Since this firm is passionate about the professional growth of every member of its teams, they offer a internally led, ongoing University Program for all levels and roles at the firm. Everyone has access to the firm’s University database, with information on upcoming seminars and tutorials. As they encourage licensure, they support the IDP program and offer professonl reimbursement for all exams passed.
As this Senior Architectural Designer will be working in a team with many multifamily clients and projects, it’s key to have some multifamily design experience, though they will have exposure to other practices at the firm. The most important qualities this individual should possess are solid and exceptional design talent, a collaborative attitude, excellent communication skills, and leadership. This individual must also have a “hands-on” attitude and approach, and take ownership of the position, in all aspects from creating and communicating their design concepts to clients and Principals, and pitching in with the team through CA. With these key qualities, this individual will be positioned to be promoted in the company.
The reasons these characteristics are so key are delineated below:
Design Ability & Responsibilities:
- Ability to create exceptional architectural designs and concepts through hand sketching and digital modeling.
- Possess strong architectural concept and planning skills.
- Able to assume primary “form giving” to project.
- Provide leadership in creating design concepts, collaborating with Studio Directors and Principals with client presentations and strategic design intent.
- Collaborate with internal project team to provide design support through CA.
- Takes responsibility for Designers’ presentations.
- Assists with presentations to Clients and Agencies as needed.
- Has the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Responsible for project design package.
- Contributes to office standards and graphic communications.
- Coordinates with Marketing and Graphics Department.
- Responsible for project planning and entitlement/schematic submittal requirements.
- Participates in overall graphics and presentation efforts for firm.
- Provides leadership in staff mentoring and training.
- Participates in outside professional activities.
Experience and Professional Knowledge:
- 6-12+ years of experience in architecture
- Proficient in Sketch-Up, Revit and Adobe Suite or similar modeling programs
- Experience with multifamily housing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The company’s benefits include:
- Alternative work week schedule
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance; short & long term disability insurance
- Vacation pay, sick pay. personal holiday, holiday pay
- Variety of other optional benefits
This company is passionate about developing exceptional, innovative and creative architectural design talent. Therefore, if you are such a designer, please submit your credentials, no matter how many years in the profession.