Project Architect – Retail/Mixed-Use Project
The culture is horizontal, not ivory tower and collaborative; where new ideas and ambition are encouraged and rewarded, and there is a fast track for promotions into the executive leadership of the firm. There aren’t layers of politics or hiearchy. There’s an entrepreneurial & collaborative culture, where the leaders take their work seriously but not themselves. The studio operates as a flat structure, so they manage their time diligently & with transparency. They strongly believe in obtaining team member “buy in” before committing to a project. As a result of this approach, overtime is rare and limited to unforeseen, critical requests. Therefore, as a Project Architect, the sky’s the limit on the leadership you can have in determining the future of the firm and be a critical part of a dynamic, passionate team which believes in a work life balance and working smart with only the most coveted national and international clients medium to large scale mixed-use projects. The team is an innovative focused bunch who are supportive of one another and have fun and collaborate. The firm and team encourage professional development opportunities, such as personal allowance to spend on training, books or eminatrs, etc. They also schedule Revit training, continuing development classes and office/ firm design and development committees. They currently have a diverse selection of mixed-use projects in various phases from construction to concepts. They firmly believe in offering diverse rotation across projects at strategic milestones that are in line with the particular team members’ goals.
Now hiring full-time position in Los Angeles, CA
As a Project Architect in the Studio, primary responsibilities are:
* Working closely with design team to develop constructible solutions
* Ensuring technical integrity of documents using knowledge of applicable code, life safety systems, standards, in preparation and/or review of design and construction documents
* Perform complex calculations and analytical tasks independently
* Interface and coordinate with large consultant teams
* Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
* Minimum 5 years Architecture experience
* Experience working on domestic and international large scale mixed-use projects
* Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
* Must have advanced proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite
* Type 1 experience * LEED accreditation preferred
* Experience generating construction documents applying standards and codes
* Hand sketching ability preferred
* Excellent health, vacation and life insurance benefits
* Work-Life balance * Continuing education, professional development
* Entrepreneurial, flat management, transparent collaborative culture, promotions encouraged.
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.