Lead Senior Architectural Hospitality and Resort Designer
If you are looking for your next professional challenge and to become part of the leadership team of an innovative, entrepreneurial, industry design leader, apply now for this rare and unique emerging leadership opportunity.
This firm is an entrepreneurial, award winning, global leader in luxury large-scale and boutique architectural design, master planning and sustainability services for the most prestigious hoteliers and brands. They are now hiring for their next generation of leaders to design the future of the firm and will be involved in succession planning. This firm is looking for an exceptional, creative, strategic, brilliant collaborative hospitality and resort lead architectural designer who will partner directly with the CEO, meet with the board of directors, and be invested in as a future executive leader, board member and owner in the firm. Their culture is more than welcoming of new and innovative design ideas and strategies they desire and incorporate these ideas which become part of the vision of the firm. They have Centres for Excellence, which you would be an integral part of which are business and idea centres where creativity and innovation is encouraged. The firm has a vibrant, collaborative, transparent and inclusive culture.
Now hiring for this full-time position in Miami, Florida.
As a lead hospitality and resort designer, you will excel as a Design, Business Development and Client Relationship leadership. You will lead the design of high-end hospitality and resort destinations. As a Senior member of the firm, we expect you to become familiarized, support and add your concepts, designs and ideas to our strategic plan and to become an active, contributing member of one of our Centers of Excellence. The firm encourages a commitment to excellence, creativity, innovation and building new successful business relationships.
- You will lead the management of all phases of the design process, preparing and presenting design drawings, sketches, and renderings to represent your ideas to clients.
- You will liaise with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines.
- You will ensure that projects that you lead meet the required budgets and schedule.
- You will be instrumental in business development efforts including collaborating with marketing and participation in proposal preparation.
- You will develop and mentor junior staff focusing on conceptual thinking and quality design implementation.
- You will be responsible for the overall profitability and design quality of the projects.
- You may be asked to lead on-site supervision for construction sites.
- You will be a lead strategic attendee in scheduling meetings with the office Managing Director to report on the status of your projects. You will develop, modify and review production drawings and construction documents, correct and update documents, and develop solutions to technical problems.
- You may be asked to assist the other firm offices with project deliverables.
- The firm seeks individuals who are natural leaders with excellent design, technical, presentation, client management and communication skills, as well as strong project management and problem solving capabilities.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in conceptual large scale hotel/resort design and luxury residential projects.
- Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Professional Architectural License, registration and membership to (RIBA, RAIC, SAIA, AIA, OAA or similar) a plus.
- Ability to lead projects from concept design to construction documents, including leading the coordination of consultants.
- Solid working experience in Auto CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up or similar, Photoshop, InDesign & MS Office skills.
- Strong design, sketching & illustration skills.
- Ability to lead the management of a team of designers, drafters & others, while creating a positive, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge and experience of contract management.
- Strong presentation and client relations skills.
- A portfolio of recent projects both built and conceptual will be a major factor.
- Experience with managing budgets and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel abroad with short notice is a must.
Excellent Health, Life Insurance and Vacation policies.
Access to the CEO, the Board and all Senior Leaders and entrepreneurial succession and collaborative culture. Culture open and welcoming to new and innovative and creative design, client relations, strategies and is looking for the next generation of leaders. Collaborating with innovative, smart colleagues and only with the most sought after luxury hospitality global clients.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter to Stephanie Weiner by fax at (540) 318-2455, email email@example.com, or apply online and expect to hear back from us within five business days.
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.