Lead Architectural Designer
Large-Scale Retail and Commercial Office Anchored Mixed-Use Projects
As a Lead Architectural Designer, this individual will join an innovative, dynamic and vibrant, award-winning global firm. The culture is flat management, entrepreneurial, and is dedicated to welcoming leaders with new ideas, designs and offers strategic input into the future of the firm. The executive leaders are also dedicated to developing lead talent into becoming the succession partners of the firm. They take their work seriously but not themselves. Consequently, in this
Now hiring full-time position in Washington, DC
*Plans, coordinates and manages the design process for large-scaale US and international projects from concept to CA.
* Represents the project of practice as the primary contact for client interaction.
* Negotiates critical and controversial issues with appropriate parties.
* Collaborates with other lead professionals to ensure designs are in accordance with project expectations.
*Serves as the main design leader during client meetings and presentations.
* Leads two to three major projects at a time and manages the design of 5-15 people in the project team.
* Mentors and coaches the architects in the project team.
* Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees
* Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
* International travel may be required
* Experience with AutoCad and Revit
* LEED AP preferred
* As noted above, professional development and succession is emphasized at this entrepreneurial firm.
* As a design leader, your ideas and designs are avidly sought by the executive leadership.
* Vibrant, dynamic, flat management, and collaborative culture.
* Continuing education an emphasis.
* Excellent healthcare and vacation benefits.
If this position isn’t a match for you, we encourage you to contact us now and we’ll work to match you with future opportunities as they become available.